Educational Foundation Scholarships
The Educational Foundation of Alpha Gamma Rho offers scholarships to the undergraduate Brothers of Alpha Gamma Rho. Criteria for eligibility for each scholarship differs but is based on the individual’s pursuit of excellence in scholarship and leadership, and for his contributions to community and Fraternity.
The deadline for all Scholarship Applications is May 15. The following scholarships can be applied by following the link below.
The following are descriptions of the available scholarships for undergraduates:
- AGR Excellence $1,000 Scholarship: Up to four scholarships will be awarded to the individuals that excel in scholarship, leadership, citizenship, activities and fraternal involvement. All undergraduates are eligible to apply.
- Undergraduate Achievement $1,000 Award: Two scholarships are presented to outstanding undergraduates that excel in all areas of involvement.
- Ornamental Horticulture $1,000 Scholarship: George Staby has provided for one scholarship limited to an AGR undergraduate who are enrolled with a declared horticulture-related major in; among others, entomology, environmental horticulture, horticulture, landscape gardening, landscape horticulture, ornamental horticulture, pest control, plant breeding, plant pathology, plant science (with horticulture emphasis), pomology, and/pr vegetable crops; who have completed at least three courses in the department of their declared major, supply a current transcript and send an essay. Financial need will not be a determinant in the selection process.
- Dale Runnion $250 Scholarship: A scholarship will be presented to a current AGR undergraduate who plans to complete a college course to pursue a career in agrimarketing, journalism, advertising or public relations. This is not an academic scholarship. Financial need will not be a determinant in the selection process. The completion or plans to complete a course in livestock judging or evaluation, campus and/or community leadership and active participation in journalistic activities will receive strong consideration.
- Dairy $500 Scholarship: Ole Meland has provided a scholarship to be presented annually to one AGR undergraduate who achieves high levels of excellence and is pursuing a major in, among others, dairy science, dairy husbandry, or animal science with a dairy option or emphasis. An undergraduate candidate at Cal Ply-San Luis Obispo will be given preference.
- Gene Swackhamer/Ag Economics/ Ag Business $1,000 Scholarship: A scholarship will be presented annually to one AGR undergraduate who achieves high levels of excellence and is pursuing a major in agricultural economics, agribusiness, resource management or a closely related field of study
- Lindley Finch Memorial $1,000 Scholarship: The Foundation will grant one scholarship to an undergraduate who truly has financial need and exhibits leadership and citizenship traits like those of Lindley Finch, including endeavor, resourcefulness, aggressive effort and a balanced lifestyle. First preference will be given to students of Eta Chapter, Iowa State University.
- Kirby Barrick Agricultural Education $500 Scholarship: This fund provides one scholarship to a male student who plans to study Agricultural Education at a college with an AGR chapter with the intent to teach after graduation. Payment of the scholarship is made once the student enrolls in Agricultural Education and is initiated into the local AGR chapter.
- Robert L. Oehrtman $1,000 Scholarship: The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student at their university and be a current brother of AGR, who has leadership positions in their community, academics or religious affiliations. Applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Harold Olson $500 Scholarship: Alpha Gamma Rho undergraduate who has achieved high levels of excellence in scholarship. leadership, citizenship, brotherhood, activities and service. One $500 scholarship will be awarded.
- J. Wayne Rehn $1,000 Scholarship: Sophomore or junior member of Alpha Gamma Rho, with preference given to Alpha Chapter members, who is majoring in pre-veterinary or in animal science, living in the Fraternity house and agrees to return to college for his ensuing year, live in the chapter house and continue to pursue his major with a high GPA.
- Bill Sallee $500 Scholarship: Alpha Gamma Rho Pi Chapter members who truly have the financial need and exhibit leadership and citizenship traits like Bill Sallee including individual endeavor, resourcefulness, aggressive effort and a balanced lifestyle.
For more information regarding scholarships please contact:
Carol Johnson, Chief Development Officer
Phone 816-891-9200 ext. 121
Email: [email protected]
Grant Bargfrede, Senior Director of Operations
Office Phone: 816-891-9200 ext. 120
Email: [email protected]
1333 NW Vivion Rd, Suite 110
Kansas City, MO 64118
TED PRIEBE EXCELLENCE IN AGRICULTURAL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Two $1,500 scholarships will be awarded annually. One scholarship is designated for an Alpha Gamma Rho member and the second scholarship is designated for a female who is a member of Sigma Alpha Sorority, Agriculture Future of America (AFA), National Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT), or collegiate NAMA.
Application deadline is December 14.
Additionally FLM Harvest, shall offer under no obligation to the scholarship recipients, a paid internship upon selection.
Those who apply for the Ted A. Priebe Excellence in Agricultural Marketing Communications Scholarship need to meet the following criteria:
Desire to pursue a career in agricultural marketing communications
Is a sophomore or junior at their college or university
Has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or at least a "B" average
Demonstrates leadership and is successfully involved in student activities and clubs