When you give to the Educational Foundation, your donation helps sharpen the leading edge of an ever-changing agriculture.
From monetary donations to donating your time and more, you can choose several separate ways to make a gift that directly supports the Fraternity and impacts members. Explore ways to give to Alpha Gamma Rho that suits you and your lifestyle below.
WAYS TO GIVE
You can give grain, crops, or livestock to make a significant impact through a simple process that has tax-advantage opportunities worth your consideration.
Built on a tradition of excellence, Alpha Gamma Rho is a one-of-a kind social-professional Fraternity with global impact. The Educational Foundational works with Corporate Partners to build mutually beneficial partnerships that align company needs with AGR resources to deliver a significant return on this investment.
You can contribute To Make Better Men and earn extra tax benefits by donating Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies.
A Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to easily support your favorite charitable causes. It is an investment account for the sole purpose of supporting charitable organizations today.
Employer Matching Gifts
Employer matching funds increase the impact of your giving. Several companies offer matching programs to increase the charitable contributions of their employees. Contact your employer to learn if they offer a gift-matching program.
Through tangible personal property gifts-in-kind, supporters help strengthen programs and improve facilities to provide the best possible experience for members. While in-kind donations are often received from businesses and corporations, individual donors also contribute many types of in-kind gifts such as artwork, jewelry, collectibles, and equipment.
IRA Charitable Distributions
If you are 70½ years old or over, giving from your IRA can help reduce your taxable income. If you are more than 73 years old, you must take a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) and an IRA gift is a simple way to fulfill it. Use this tool to autocomplete your paperwork and we can track your gift to send you the proper tax receipts.
You can mail your check or credit card donation to the address below. Please make checks payable to "The Educational Foundation of Alpha Gamma Rho."Alpha Gamma Rho Home Office
1333 NW Vivion Road, Suite 110
Kansas City, MO 64118
The fastest and easiest way to make an impact on our members, programs, and mission is by giving online.
Real Estate Gifts
Work with the Educational Foundation and explore your opportunities for making a gift of real estate.
Make a commitment today to support the lifelong fraternal experience and pledge your support to the Educational Foundation.
Bequests are planned gift from your estate, a transfer of cash, securities, or other property, made through your estate plans. A bequest costs nothing now and enables you to contribute to Alpha Gamma Rho's excellence far into the future. Use this online tool from FreeWill to easily create a legally valid will or trust in just 20 minutes. You can use this resource on its own or use it to document your wishes before finalizing your plans with an attorney.
Already include a gift in your will or trust? Use this form to notify Alpha Gamma Rho and receive thanks for your generosity.
Do you have an IRA, 401(k), life-insurance policy, or any other assets not included in your will? These are non-probate assets that you must plan your beneficiaries separately. Use this online tool to make your plans and appoint Alpha Gamma Rho as a beneficiary of one or more of these assets. Use this form to report a Record of Estate Intention.
Stocks & Securities Gifts
Donating stocks allows you to avoid the capital gains tax and often takes a charitable deduction for the full value of the asset. Use this online tool from FreeWill to make a gift of stock or other securities so we can track your gift, send your receipt, and you receive get the tax savings you deserve.
To make a gift through your brokerage, use this transfer information to notify the Educational Foundation of your gift.
Your gifts are the difference To Make Better Men.
Gifts Administration Policy
- The Educational Foundation shall not function as an executor (personal representative) for a donor's estate.
- The Educational Foundation may function as co-trustee on a charitable remainder trust when the trust names the Educational Foundation as a beneficiary of 50% or more of the trust.
- The Educational Foundation will pay for the drafting of legal documents for a charitable remainder trust when the Educational Foundation is named as a beneficiary of 50% or more of the trust. The donor's counsel must review documents at the donor's cost.
In-Kind Gifts Policy
In-kind gifts of tangible property includes items like operating facilities, utilities, office furniture, and supplies provided to your organization; items donated to your organization for auction through charitable events; and items used in program activities, such as medical supplies, building equipment, appliances, and fixtures.
Intangible gifts-in-kind include items like copyrights, patents, and royalties; specialized volunteer services, such as those from nurses for medical organizations or project managers and builders for construction projects; and expertise, such as accounting, legal, and consulting services. Donors must receive advice from their tax professionals per the values assessed, as the Educational Foundation of Alpha Gamma Rho will not assess values. Receipts from recent purchases, appraisals, etc. can be used for internal value of contribution, but tax benefits are to be determined by professionals according to Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2020-07 Topic 958.
The Educational Foundation of Alpha Gamma Rho honors refund requests made within 30 days of the donation.
Standards of Care
- The Educational Foundation shall issue confirmation of gifts consistent with IRS guidelines.
- The Educational Foundation shall confirm or establish valuation, rate of payment, beneficiaries, and payment schedule upon consultation with appropriate professional counsel.
- All gift acceptance agreements shall be subject to approval of the Educational Foundation legal counsel prior to final acceptance.
- The Educational Foundation shall ensure that accounting and reporting procedures shall confirm to IRS requirements and shall provide the donor and/or income beneficiaries with information required by the IRS.
- The Educational Foundation (and appropriate directors) shall establish the investment objectives of all planned gift fund accounts and shall administer the planned gift program in a responsible and prudent manner.