Collegiate Advisory Council
The Collegiate Advisory Council will consist of eight members serving two-year terms with four members chosen by the directors on the National Board each March from those who apply by March 31 of each year. Only those members in good standing and who will graduate no more than six months following the end of the term are eligible to apply.
Advisory Council members will hold regular meetings and will attend National Board meetings as non-voting observers to share input. Members receive assignments and will report their progress and conclusions to the National Board of Directors on an ongoing basis.
Applications for this program are not available at this time.
National Fraternity Opportunities
Home Office 2024 Summer Internship
Gain professional work experience through an internship by assisting with the strategic communications of Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity National Headquarters during summer 2024. Interns will gain experience managing social media, creating content, drafting press releases, event marketing, and strategic communications. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assist in executing the marketing and communications plan
- Assist in writing content for the monthly online newsletter
- Develop engaging content for the Fraternity’s social media platforms
- Assist in the production and distribution of marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, schedules and other public and promotional materials
- Assist with photography of programs and events to be used for marketing purposes
- Provide assistance and coordination for the Fraternity’s National Convention held in Sacramento, California, in 2024
- Communicates regularly with Communications Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular display of enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and high level of accountability and reliability
- Interns should be able to work the full intern session: May 18–July 31, 2024
Background experience in communications (written and verbal) and journalism. Experience with the use of social media platforms, the Adobe Creative Suite and photography preferred. Membership in Alpha Gamma Rho or Greek affiliation preferred, but not required.
High School graduate or GED equivalent; currently attending college majoring in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, agricultural communications or related field.Application Deadline: Dec. 31, 2023
Young Professional Opportunities
Agriculture and Rural Policy Internship
Allan Johnson and Sara Wyant established this fund with the intent to annually award $5,000 for a housing stipend and offer an internship opportunity in Washington, D.C. Candidates musy meeting the criteria below
- Be a Sophomore or Junior Alpha Gamma Rho member in good standing
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Pursuing an agricultural or food-related degree path
- Have demonstrated leadership and agricultural involvement
- Have demonstrated interest in agricultural or food policy
- Provide and essay, 500 words or less on "Agvocacy" and their agricultural or food policy interests
- Provide three letters of reference (one from institution, one from an AGR alumnus, and one personal)
Further, the selected candidates who benefit from the Agricultural and Rural Policy Internship will be expected to do the following:
- Write a letter of appreciation for the internship/fellowship opportunity to Allan Johnson and Sara Wyant
- Complete Foundations in Personal Finance - Chapter 5 - Family, Friends & Philanthropy on AGRconnect™ and submit a copy of their AGRconnect™ transcript
- Attend and speak at the Washington, D.C. Alumni Chapter luncheon for formal introduction and welcome by the area alumni
- Assist Alpha Gamma Rho Home Office staff in an article for the SICKLE & SHEAF and other media channels
- Provide a presentation of their experience to their respective chapter
- Attend Alpha Gamma Rho's Biennial National Convention and assist the Home Office Staff and the Convention Advisory Team in conducting a convention workshop
- Serve a three year term on the Fund Advisory Committee
Ted A. Priebe Excellence in Agricultural Marketing Communications Scholarship
Two $1,500 scholarships will be awarded annually. One scholarship is designated for an Alpha Gamma Rho member and the second scholarship is designated for a female who is a member of Sigma Alpha Sorority, AFA (Agriculture Future of America), ACT (National Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow), or NAMA (National Agri-Marketing Association).
Additionally, Curios Plot shall offer under no obligation to the scholarship recipients, a paid internship upon selection.
Applicants who apply for the Ted A. Priebe Excellence in Agricultural Marketing Communications Scholarship need to meet the following criteria:
- Desire to pursue a career in agricultural marketing communications
- Is a sophomore or junior at their college or university
- Has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or at least a "B" average
- Demonstrates leadership and is successfully involved in student activities and clubs