- The Top Leaders Institute will bring together leaders and volunteers to create strategic action plans toward Local Chapter Excellence.
- Mentor development training provides the support to propel excellence at the local level.
- Chapter excellence scholarships ensure high-functioning teams at the local level by defraying the travel, lodging, and dining expenses for attendees at Local Chapter Excellence Programs.
- Trains up to nine officers in 72 chapters, reaching over 800 leaders each year.
- Strengthens growth and development for both individuals and chapters.
- Reduces impact of annual officer turnover by establishing benchmarks through strategic planning.
- Results in year-over-year improvement in chapters, from greater alumni engagement to higher GPAs, and from more diverse recruitment efforts to better retention.
- Leads to the advancement of the agricultural industry, positioning our alumni at the forefront of its success.
Gene Lemon, Alpha (Illinois)
Philip Josephson, Alpha Psi (Wisconsin-River Falls)
Donald A. De Jong, Chi (Cal Poly)
Gary C. Clark, Pi (Oklahoma State)
David Ames, Beta (Ohio State)
R. Kirby Barrick, Beta (Ohio State)
Tracey A. Binkley, Alpha Kappa (Tennessee-Knoxville)
James C. Borel, Eta (Iowa State)
Michael J. Borel, Eta (Iowa State)
Jack H. Britt, Alpha Chi (Western Kentucky)
Terry M. Hague, Pi (Oklahoma State)
Todd D. Johnson, Alpha Zeta (Kansas State)
Adam Manwarren, Lambda (Minnesota)
David A. Maurer, Alpha (Illinois)
Jerry A. Steiner, Iota (Wisconsin-Madison)
Glenn A. Stith, Omicron (Kentucky)
WE KNOW WHAT MAKES SUCCESSFUL CHAPTERS
Strong chapter leaders are developed through the local chapter experience. They become our local advisers and national leaders, inspiring the next generation of Alpha Gamma Rho.
TO DEVELOP LOCAL CHAPTER EXCELLENCE WE MUST:
- Identify and recruit strong men by providing recruitment coaching for chapters to seek out energetic, inspired and capable men, who have a thirst for learning and devote themselves to service.
- Develop emerging chapter leaders by providing transformational educational opportunities to those leading our local chapters.
- Provide training and support to educational leadership consultants, regional vice presidents, Home Office staff and other volunteers to ensure undergraduate men and chapters have ready access to valuable resources.
- Surround our undergraduates with dedicated and well trained chapter advisers, housemothers/directors, and alumni leaders who work together to achieve the highest levels of our values and strive for excellence.
WE WILL ACHIEVE THESE GOALS THROUGH:
- World-class programming—The Top Leaders Institute and ongoing chapter programs will develop our local leadership teams and focus on strategic planning for the chapter-specifically designed to advance Local Chapter Excellence.
- Well-trained staff and volunteers to provide on-the-ground, consistent coaching with accountability to the chapter's goals.
- Scholarships to ensure that no chapter or brother has a barrier to participate in these experiences.