The Fraternity has partnered with Publishing Concepts (PCI) to collect unique stories from alumni to produce the Alpha Gamma Rho Oral History Project. By sharing your memory, you’ll ensure the rich history of Alpha Gamma Rho will be preserved for generations to come. PCI will soon be contacting alumni by mail, phone and email asking for their participation in updating their contact information. Stories will then be transcribed and stored for posterity. We thank you, in advance, for your participation. Refer to the frequently asked questions below to learn more about the project.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about Alpha Gamma Rho. Tell me more about the project. The Educational Foundation partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Alpha Gamma Rho. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, Texas, that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows Alpha Gamma Rho to hear about your personal experiences and how the relationships and skills you developed helped to shape your life. This also allows the Home Office to make sure your contact information is up to date.
2. Does Alpha Gamma Rho benefit from this at all? Yes, in a few ways:
- Updated Member Information allows AGR to effectively communicate and engage alumni.
- Sharing and collecting stories preserves Alpga Gamma Rho's rich history.
- This project generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs.
3. How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses, and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law.
4. I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How can I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, and then ask you to share your story about your time with Alpha Gamma Rho. Your story will be recorded, and the sound clip provided to Alpha Gamma Rho at the conclusion of the project.
If you received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
5. Can I choose what information to print in the publication?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information to be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / [email protected].
6. I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time to share your story.
7. I shared a story and the representative said I could send a photo. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload one photo (black and white or color) plus a caption.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send a physical photo in to be printed (note: include a self-addressed stamped envelope for return shipping).
8. Can anyone purchase a book?
The Alpha Gamma Rho Oral History Publication is available only to the brothers of Alpha Gamma Rho.
9. I ordered a book/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk on 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.