In light of the recent developments and continued impact surrounding Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), Alpha Gamma Rho is continuously monitoring the situation and how it is affecting our members on their respective campuses. Many institutions are moving towards online or remote education. We understand your concerns and we have compiled the following guidelines and recommended actions.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of our members remains our top priority. The first line of defense in helping minimize the spread of the disease is outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is linked here for reference. We do encourage you to review the everyday preventative actions recommended by the CDC to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
If a chapter member displays signs of potential illness utilize these recommendations:
- Currently, CDC recommends facilities housing residents follow Interim Guidance for US Institutions of Higher Education to isolate ill persons. Contact your host institution’s health center or state or local health officials for further guidance
- Cleaning and/or disinfecting the chapter facility is best left to professionals.
- Regularly check the CDC website for up-to-date information on COVID-19.
Although younger adults seem to be more resilient against COVID-19, they are still capable of spreading the virus to high-risk groups. We encourage each chapter to follow your educational institution guidelines for social engagements, philanthropy events and gatherings. We strongly recommend that if your university has canceled in person classes that you postpone any social function or event.
If your school recommends cancelling all in-person meetings/gatherings, you may want to consider having remote, web-based meetings through platforms such as Google Hangouts, Skype, Zoom or others.
- Recruitment School (March 20-21) has been canceled. All registration fees will be credited to chapter’s accounts as soon as possible.
- The AGR National Convention, scheduled July 21-24 in Milwaukee, WI is still scheduled to take place. We will continue to monitor the situation and will let you know if there are any changes.
- The AGR National BBQ held in Lebanon, TN has been canceled.
- There have been other local cancellations please contact your chapter leadership for confirmation.
- AGR Home Office staff will not be traveling to events or visits to any universities that have been closed or have move to online learning until further notice.
Chapter Housing and Food Services
We understand many chapter leaders have questions regarding chapter houses and food services. We recommend seeking guidance from the university, your Alumni Corporation and/or your landlord. Ultimately the decision regarding housing fees and costs is a local decision that should comply with university guidelines.
Dues and Fees
As the semester continues, remember to finish new member reporting so we can ensure new members have access to member emails. If you have not already, please finalize all dues and fees for this semester.
Risk Management Policies
We want to reinforce our policies and procedures are still active and enforced. As campuses transition to a remote or online learning platform, there will be fewer rigid commitments and the potential for social gatherings outside of a normal timeframe can become prominent.
The AGR home office prepared to operate remotely if conditions warrant. If you have any questions, please email the Home office at [email protected] or call the Home Office at 816891-9200 and the staff will try to address your question or direct you to someone who can provide a better answer.
The health and safety of all members is our top priority. If you have specific concerns, contact university health services or the local county health department.