Giving to the Educational Foundation
Your gifts make a difference
When you make a gift to the Educational Foundation of Alpha Gamma Rho, you help us sharpen the leading edge of an ever-changing agriculture. Your generous support helps us provide resources to our Fraternity’s members--Because of you, the Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity is continuing to provide exceptional leadership and professional and social networking experiences, which has shaped the lives of men for over 100 years.
Thank you for investing in Making Better Men!
Ways to Give
- Employer Matching Funds
- Securities: Publicly traded or Colsely Held
- Real Estate
- Tangible Personal Property
- In Kind Gifts
- Life Insurance
- Deferred Gifts
- Charitable Bequests
- IRA rollover/payouts
For more information, please reach out to:
Carol Johnson [email protected] 816-891-9200 x 121, or your personal financial advisor
The Educational Foundation Standards of Care
- The Foundation will issue written confirmation of gifts consistent with IRS guidelines.
- The Foundation shall confirm or establish valuation, rate of payment, beneficiaries and payment schedule upon consultation with appropriate professional counsel.
- All gift acceptance agreements shall be subject to approval of the Foundation legal counsel prior to final acceptance.
- The Foundation shall ensure that accounting and reporting procedures shall confirm to IRS requirements and shall provide the donor and/or income beneficiaries with information required by the IRS.
- The Foundation (and appropriate directors) shall establish the investment objectives of all planned gift fund accounts and shall administer the planned gift program in a responsible and prudent manner.
The Educational Foundation Refund Policy
If you have made an error in making your donation to the Educational Foundation of Alpha Gamma Rho, we will honor all requests for a refund that are made within 30 days of the donation.
The Educational Foundation Gifts In Kind Policy
Gifts-in-kind of tangible property include items like operating facilities, utilities, office furniture, and supplies provided to your organization; items donated to your organization to be auctioned through your charitable events; and items used in program activities, such as medical supplies, building supplies, appliances, and fixtures. Intangible gifts-in-kind include items like copyrights, patents, and royalties; specialized volunteer services, such as those from nurses for medical organizations or project managers and builders for construction projects; and expertise, such as accounting, legal, and consulting services. Donors must receive advising from their tax professionals per the values assessed, as The Educational Foundation of Alpha Gamma Rho will not assess values. Receipts from recent purchases, appraisals, etc. can be used for internal value of contribution, but tax benefits are to be determined by professionals according to Accounting Standards Update (ASU) 2020-07 Topic 958.
The Educational Foundation Gift Administration Policy
- The Foundation shall not act as an executeor (personal representative) for a donor's estate.
- The Foundation may act as co-trustee on a charitable remainder trust when the trust names the Foundation as a beneficiary of 50% or more of the trust
- The Foundation will pay for the drafting of legal documents for a charitable remainder trust when the Foundation is named as a beneficiary of 50% or more of the trust. The donor's own counsel must review the documents at the donor's cost.