Collegiate Advisory Council
The Collegiate Advisory Council will consist of eight members serving two-year terms with four members chosen by the directors on the National Board each March from those who apply by February 15 of each year. Only those members in good standing and who will graduate no more than six months following the end of the term are eligible to apply.
Advisory Council members will hold regular meetings and will attend National Board meetings as non-voting observers to share input. Members will be given assignments and will report their progress and conclusions to the National Board of Directors on an ongoing basis.
Agriculture and Rural Policy Internship
Allan Johnson and Sara Wyant established this fund with the intent to annually award $5,000 for a housing stipend and offer an internship opportunity in Washington, D.C. Candidates must have the following criteria:
- Be a Sophomore or Junior Alpha Gamma Rho member in good standing
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Pursuing an agricultural or food-related degree path
- Have demonstrated leadership and agricultural involvement
- Have demonstrated interest in agricultural or food policy
- Provide and essay, 500 words or less on "Agvocacy" and their agricultural or food policy interests
- Provide three letters of reference (one from institution, one from an AGR alumnus, and one personal)
Further, the selected candidates who benefit from the Agricultural and Rural Policy Internship will be expected to do the following:
- Write a letter of appreciation for the internship/fellowship opportunity to Allan Johnson and Sara Wyant
- Complete Foundations in Personal Finance - Chapter 5 - Family, Friends & Philanthropy on AGRconnect and submit a copy of their AGRconnect transcript
- Attend and speak at the Washington, D.C. Alumni Chapter luncheon for formal introduction and welcome by the area alumni
- Assist Alpha Gamma Rho Home Office staff in an article for the SICKLE & SHEAF and other media channels
- Provide a presentation of their experience to their respective AGR chapter
- Attend Alpha Gamma Rho's Biennial National Convention and assist the Home Office Staff and the Convention Advisory Team in conducting a convention workshop
- Serve a three year term on the Fund Advisory Committee
Ted A. Priebe Excellence in Agricultural Marketing Communications Scholarship
Two $1,500 scholarships will be awarded annually. One scholarship is designated for an Alpha Gamma Rho member and the second scholarship is designated for a female who is a member of Sigma Alpha Sorority, Agriculture Future of America (AFA), National Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT) or collegiate NAMA.
Application deadline is October 31.
Additionally FLM Harvest, shall offer under no obligation to the scholarship recipients, a paid internship upon selection.
Those who apply for the Ted A. Priebe Excellence in Agricultural Marketing Communications Scholarship need to mee the following criteria:
- Desire to pursue a career in agricultural marketing communications
- Is a sophomore or junior at their college or university
- Has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or at least a "B" average
- Demonstrates leadership and is successfully involved in student activities and clubs